buff orp cuckoo marans cross ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by snazzyboots, Mar 13, 2011.

1. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Songster

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i apologize if this already has a thread. i am getting some eggs this week that are buff orpington crossed with cuckoo marans. i am not sure which is the male and which is female. do any of you have this cross? i would love to have an idea what they may look like and would love to see pics if anyone has some.

thanks

2. chickendales

chickendales Songster

Feb 24, 2011
    Michigan
    a barred male to buff female could make buff cuckoos or a creal looking babies

3. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    BO roo X CM hens gives black sexlinks with a lot of buff leakage, look up the Sexlink thread and you will see pics of mine on the first page but with using Barred Rock hens.

CM roo X BO hens gives all barred birds and should also have a good bit of buff leakage.

4. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Songster

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    ok thanks i will look that up. i think but am not sure that the roo is the bo.
    thanks again i really appreciate the info [​IMG]

5. Marty101865

Marty101865 In the Brooder

May 15, 2015
    I'm currious if you had pics of the Marans/Orppington mix? I've got a Splash Marans (White with black spots) that is starting to mature and he's in with 4 Buff Orppington hens that are 1 year older. He's 13 weeks old and has been grabbing a Bielefelder hen but not mounting...soon.

Thanks
    Marty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: