Buff Orp daddy and Crested Cream Legbar mommy - What sex might I have???

BrynDrive

Hatching
5 Years
Jan 12, 2015
Any idea of sex by this photo - I am new to this and was given this chick when I purchased 4 Legbar hens and a Black Copper Maran hen. The breeder didn't know and gave it to me - It is know 7 weeks and I have no clue other than it is beautiful and may produce olive eggs? Any help would be appreciated - don't want to send it to freezer camp if I don't have to!

could i possibly see pictures of its wing feathers i might be able to sex it by them?
hmm.png

Posted several shots - Thank you so much - I am praying she is a hen but I have my concerns

If mom was a legbar and dad was a buff orpington, then this should be a cockerel. The barred female can only pass barring to male offspring. A pullet would have to get the barring from the father, which in this case wasn't barred. The size of comb and wattles for the age definitely confirms that this one is 100% male. Sorry.

If mom was a legbar and dad was a buff orpington, then this should be a cockerel. The barred female can only pass barring to male offspring. A pullet would have to get the barring from the father, which in this case wasn't barred. The size of comb and wattles for the age definitely confirms that this one is 100% male. Sorry.
this. You have a sex linked cockerel.

Back
Top Bottom