1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff/orp hen duck sneezing

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Mother_Hen2011, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    I just came in from putting the chickens and two ducks up and heard my hen duck make a sneezing honk sound. she did it several times in a row and than a couple times a few mins afterwards. I was wondering if this is something I should be worried about? should i keep an eye on her and see if she does it again tomorrow? I have never had ducks before and was hoping to get some useful tips from some of you more experianced duck people!
    She is about 8 months old. It has been rather cold here I mean down to -2 with the windchill but they have been cooped for the past several days because of all the snow on the ground. We got about 4inches in 2 days lol.
    Their pond has been frozen so they dont get to play in it. They have a nice coop with thick pine shaving bedding on the floor and a little nesting box on the ground for them also with pine shavings. I let them out today it was in the 50's so I figured they needed some free time. i really hope nothing is wrong with her. [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for all the advice and tips [​IMG]

2. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Quote:Alright so nothing.. I hope some one can help soon [​IMG]

3. BamaSilkies

BamaSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2011
    NE Alabama
    I dont know anything about ducks but will give you a bump. Maybe put a little raw unfiltered apple cider vingar (1 tablespoon in gal of water) sometimes will cure the sneezes in chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by