Buff orp missing

chickenwoods

Songster
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
**||OKLAHOMA||**
Sometime this afternoon between 2-4 pm she vanished.
She was my buddy,we hunted along the side of the house for frogs or grasshopers.and she liked to be alone from the other chickens.but she like to be with me.She was the best chicken i ever had.

Im wanting another buff orp like her in hopes of another bird with her charecters.Has anyone had a mean buff orp??or all nice birds?i know all birds are diffrent but to my knowlage ive never heard of a mean buff orp.

If you have not seen any sign of her being injured, she may be off on a clutch of eggs
idunno.gif

I'd like to keep my hopes up with that in mind.
but i have lost 2 other birds a coupl months ago and i couldnt find any sign then.

I live in a very growed up area thick trees,brush,and shoulder high weeds. I looked all over.With all the noise my chickens make and all the wildlife practiclly in my backyard,im betting a hawk,feral dog,or coyote got her.I usually go predator calling and call in a bunch of critters behind the barn.
I plant a bunch of food for quail,turkey and deer.but because of that its a predators hunting ground.

I hope she is setting somewhere.she was a real pet.

I guess if you have such predator problems, you should think about fencing them in before you lose them all.
I keep mine in a fenced in run, but i let them out for the last hour of light. It keeps them happy and i dont have to worry about getting them back in the coop because they go in at dark. Then i close the doors up.
Keep your fingers crossed that she turns up tomorrow
fl.gif

if you dont see a lot of feathers in a patch, she could just be off laying eggs. Wait a month or so. If you get a new one, make sure that it isnt a roo. We once had a buff orp roo that attacked everyone that came within 20 feet.

Back
Top Bottom