1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

buff orp roo x buff orp hens & red sex link hens

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by NiaAbbott, Feb 2, 2016.

1. NiaAbbott

NiaAbbott Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    Centeral Maine
    So I got my first incubator exactly 21 days ago now. I had every intention of waiting until I could separate my hens before using it. but the temptation was just too much. My end game is to start pushing my flock to consist or buff orpingtons and black australorps, but as of now i have one buff orp roo and 2 hens, 5 black aust hens, and 6 red sex link hens.

I put 15 eggs in 21 days ago, and so far have had 8 hatch (it's still day 21, so hopefully there will be more) I can tell the aust's easy enough, they're black. I think I can tell the difference in the others, but I'm not completely sure, anyone up for helping me?

I'll add the pictures in a comment as they're on my phone :)

2. NiaAbbott

NiaAbbott Out Of The Brooder

Nov 30, 2013
    Centeral Maine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the black still in the incubator. I feel that given my numbers I should have more blacks than just the one. I think most are reds, maybe 1-2 are buffs

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by