1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BUFF ORP/ what color legs?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Ok I got a Buff Orpington from Ideal poultry but it's legs are bright yellow. Orps are not suppose to have yellow legs correct? It looks like a buff orp in every other way. See here for pics of her with her two australorp buddies. She is 5 weeks old now. Would she be a mix if her legs are yellow?

http://journals.aol.com/breakaway19...his-was-suppost-to-be-last-weeks-entry--/2786

Just scroll down to the end of the entry and you will see her pics. Her wing is over her australorp pal [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

White for Buff Orpingtons. She could be a Buff Plymouth Rock-they have yellow legs and look similar.

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    They should be pinkish white on a BO.

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

UGH! Why is it I have problems with orps!? [​IMG] Every orp I have had so far has YELLOW legs. [​IMG] I guess I'm going to have to do all my ordering from BYC from now on. These legs are SO yellow that they practically glow! I'm kind of upset...I ordered a buff orp and I think I should have gotten a buff orp. I wonder if others have had this prob?

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    With yellow legs you could have a Buff Plymouth Rock.

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    at least you can be sure its not a buff brahma, they have feathered leggs. [​IMG]

7. Hangfire

Hangfire New Egg

Aug 5, 2008
    North Georgia
    I just got 13 BO's from Ideal (via a local feed store). 2 are yellow legged, good to know why.

Thanks to the board oldtimers and mods for tirelessly answering our same newbie questions day in and out!! I am learning so much from this board.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

all my buffy girls *and boy, supposed to have been a girl...* have very white legs with just a smidgen of pink undertone

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Ok now I"m wondering if I should sell these girls and get my orps? Or should I keep them and get MORE? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Didn't you answer your own question??????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Or should I keep them and get MORE?

Thats how you get up to , wait how many chickens do I have now????? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by