BUFF ORP/ what color legs?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Hangin Wit My Peeps, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ok I got a Buff Orpington from Ideal poultry but it's legs are bright yellow. Orps are not suppose to have yellow legs correct? It looks like a buff orp in every other way. See here for pics of her with her two australorp buddies. She is 5 weeks old now. Would she be a mix if her legs are yellow?

http://journals.aol.com/breakaway19...his-was-suppost-to-be-last-weeks-entry--/2786

Just scroll down to the end of the entry and you will see her pics. Her wing is over her australorp pal [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

White for Buff Orpingtons. She could be a Buff Plymouth Rock-they have yellow legs and look similar.

3. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    They should be pinkish white on a BO.

4. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    UGH! Why is it I have problems with orps!? [​IMG] Every orp I have had so far has YELLOW legs. [​IMG] I guess I'm going to have to do all my ordering from BYC from now on. These legs are SO yellow that they practically glow! I'm kind of upset...I ordered a buff orp and I think I should have gotten a buff orp. I wonder if others have had this prob?

5. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    With yellow legs you could have a Buff Plymouth Rock.

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    at least you can be sure its not a buff brahma, they have feathered leggs. [​IMG]

7. Hangfire

Hangfire New Egg

Aug 5, 2008
    North Georgia
    I just got 13 BO's from Ideal (via a local feed store). 2 are yellow legged, good to know why.

Thanks to the board oldtimers and mods for tirelessly answering our same newbie questions day in and out!! I am learning so much from this board.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  8. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

all my buffy girls *and boy, supposed to have been a girl...* have very white legs with just a smidgen of pink undertone

9. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Ok now I"m wondering if I should sell these girls and get my orps? Or should I keep them and get MORE? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Didn't you answer your own question??????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Or should I keep them and get MORE?

Thats how you get up to , wait how many chickens do I have now????? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by