Buff Orpineton Anyone have them? Got pics now

gavbarker

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
East yorkshire uk
Hi iv just bought a trio of them thre realy nice i was just wondering if antone else has them i went to a special breed auction yesterday and got them i paid £90 form them does that sound too much? Thats what the bidding went up to and i realy liked them so i just got them il post pics of them tomorow then i have the camra with me.

This is them today not in a very good coop im just geting one built so they are in the barn at the moment

000_0157.jpg

000_0156.jpg

What do u htink?

Last edited:
If you'd gone out with the lads to cheer yourself up you'd have spent a lot more and felt a lot worse this morning AND have nothing to show for it!!

I love Buff Orpingtons. I was given a chicken 2005 from somebody who had been raided so often by the fox that she'd lost heart. She raised two chicks for me and died defending them! She cost £30+ then! I now have a BO cockerel (or rooster) who is a delight (I caught him feeding celandine flowers to his girls!) and now some chicks as well.

Just enjoy them and hatch some eggs to sell on!!!

Last edited:
There from show flock they look realy nice and i was looking at eggs on egay and they sell for £10 for 6 eggs as iv seem them on there il wait till i get bk off holiday and try and hatch some myself then il start to sell the eggs on ebay once i know there ok.

Yeah its just a hobby but im hopeing to make some money but selling some of them and selling eggs but im not going to do anyhting where they will be killed im not like that its either pets of nothing. Iv spent over £500 in the past few weeks on things for my 3 chicks lol like sheds and brooders etc lol

For adult, show quality birds, $180 for a trio isnt a bad price at all. Adult LF birds will go from $50 to $150 each. You cant expect someone's years of hard work to be sold for pocket change.

Gosh, they're some birds!
big_smile.png
cool.png

Let's hope they settle in quickly and get on with the rest of the family!!

What is this thing that chickens have about white bread? They all love it don't they!

I dont know all line love it they will eat anything all the kitchen waste goes to them rather than it going on the bin saome people say not to use bread as it gets them into the habbit of eating eggs but i havent had that problem when they have bread.

Back
Top Bottom