buff orpington at 4 months old rooster or not?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by leeboyz337, Jul 17, 2011.

1. leeboyz337

leeboyz337 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2011
    these birds are 4 months old now. one is darker yellow out of the 4. it seems to be the most dominant and has thicker legs but one of the 3 light ones is getting the tall comb and bigger wattles.

[​IMG]
    in this one you can see the hackles on the darker one its in the middle there

[​IMG]
    the one front and center has the comb and the one in the back is the darker one

[​IMG]

let me know what you think.

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    You should probably post this in the "What breed or gender is this" section of BYC. You may get more responses there. [​IMG]

3. OkChickens

OkChickens Orpingtons Are Us

Dec 1, 2010
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    The tail has a slight curve at the end of his tail feathers. Also the comb is a bit larger. Just wait a while and you might hear a Cock-a-doodle-do! Good luck! Are you wanting a Roo or Pullet?

Nate

4. leeboyz337

leeboyz337 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 14, 2011
    Quote:no i would like to end up with one roo out of the 3 buffs. i want pure babies in the future.

5. Sinfonian

Sinfonian Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2011
    Seattle area
    If it's dominant and annoying, it's probably just a Buff Orpington. Mine sure is. Sometimes it's so obnoxious that I wish it were a roo so it'd have to go (can't have roos here). Good luck.

6. shellyga

shellyga Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2010
    Milner
    Quote:oohh my Buff Orpingtons are the sweeties in my flock..

7. tiffanyg2

tiffanyg2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    SC
    I tell you what my BO Roo is 4 months old and this is what he looks like! I love him and he is a big sweetie. I think you have females... but if you would like to adopt my baby~ I sadly can't keep him. No roo's in my neighborhood [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by