1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Orpington....boy or girl?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Montana-Hens, May 4, 2008.

1. Montana-Hens

Montana-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Buxton, Montana
    These 2 chicks were born 4/16 & came from Ideal. They were purchased as pullets.

I know it is early to tell, but I look at those feet and say oh my! So all of you out there with experience what do you see?

Right now we call them the two blond chicks...They live in a double wide dog crate!!

Chick 1
    [​IMG]

Chick 2
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I'd say they are too young to tell. Post pics around 4-5 weeks of age and I am sure we can help then.

Jody

3. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    They both have a fluffy butt...I had two BO chicks and the one that didn't have much in the way of tail feathers ended up being a roo (he got red comb and wattles at 4 weeks). I recently found him a good home. I'm certainly no expert and they are pretty young but I just wanted you to know that my BO pullet had nice big tail feathers and the male didn't. I would guess yours to be pullets just going on the tails. I doubt that that's a sure thing tho!! [​IMG]

4. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Both of the Orp pullets that I hatched in Sept had big feet and very sturdy legs. They also got their tails earlier than their brother, who is now twice their size. They are all huge birds. I think that some lines of Orp just have big feet/legs from the start.

Lori

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by