buff orpington chick? red sex link?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by stumble_n_mumble, May 21, 2010.

1. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    got a call this morning someone dumped this little guy at the veterinary clinic so they called me. what is it? buff orpington? sex link?
    if it is a sex link is it male or female? thanks for all the help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i know he looks pretty yellow there but he does have darker brown coming in down the back. the flash kind of made him lighter LOL

3. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    I would give it a few days and see what kind of wing feathers start to develop. by looking at the first picture it almost looks like it has tuffs on the cheeks. but my bo's were super fluffy. I would say between the two breeds, probably buff with all that fluff. but if it was dropped off at the vet. there is no telling what mix it could be. good luck!

4. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    it definitely has muffs. its very fluffy in the face lol.

5. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    anyonneee [​IMG]

6. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    *BUMP* haha

7. wannabe_goatmom

wannabe_goatmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Wellington KY
    BO's are supposed to have white/pink feet. Mine had pink toes at that age and now it is 6 weeks old and its legs and feet are very white.
    Does that one have yellow toes or is it the pic? If yellow then probably not a BO.
    Sex links do have yellow feet. Mine is my best layer, she lays an egg a day every day, has only missed one day since she started laying in January.

8. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    I don't think it is a red sex link, I would have say BO or maybe EE but its legs are yellow and not slate like and EE so and both my BO have white legs. you might have to wait until its big feathers come in and see then. I will say that is a super cute chick.

9. stumble_n_mumble

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    my little guy looked JUST LIKE the buff orp's the local feed store had. some im hoping its that lol. i picked up a amerucana (i know i butchered the spelling) and a golden laced wyandotte. i made friends with the people there and let me buy 2 instead of 6 because i explained i already have 8 7 week old silkies and a 8 week old duckling lol. ill post pics of the new babies later!. maybe we can take guesses on the color the amerucana will be! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by