Buff Orpington chicks, 8 weeks old - all girls?? (lots o'pics)

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
Yeah, right - as if I'd be that lucky to get 4 girls
lol.png

Anyhoo, I hatched these babies on July 18th so that will make them 8 weeks old tomorrow-ish.

They were all fully feathered at 3 weeks of age.

Do you see any definite signs of roos, or will that only show up later for BO's?

All pics are of the same 4 babies!

(3 are pure, 1 is mixed BO/plymouth rock - one BO is noticeably larger and heavier than the others, has thicker legs and the biggest flesh-colored comb of the three, I wonder if it's a boy?)
hu.gif

DSC_0084_resize.jpg

DSC_0082_resize.jpg

DSC_0079_resize.jpg

DSC_0077_resize.jpg

DSC_0076_resize.jpg

DSC_0075_resize.jpg

DSC_0074_resize.jpg

DSC_0073_resize.jpg

DSC_0070_resize.jpg

DSC_0068_resize.jpg

thumbsup.gif
thank you!!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
The buff orps look like little girls to me. The mix; I'm not sure. It looks like there may be some pointy feathers, but its hard to tell from the pics.

I'm no help in determining the gender but I will say this "THEY ARE SO PRETTY!!!!!! I have nine two week old chicks (my first chicks) and one is a Buff. Can't wait until they are grown! Your pictures only make the wait harder.

Quote:
They were indeed a pair so I couldn't keep them... Mango and Peach were snatched up by a family that went mad for them so I'm glad that turned out well :)

Thanks everyone for your feedback on my 4 babies, still hard to believe my good luck so I hope your predictions are right!

girls girls girls
wee.gif

ps: I did my best to keep only girls from the whole incubation... I feather sexed them (wings) at two and three days of age, did I do well???
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom