Buff Orpington chicks

welcome-byc.gif

What type of table scraps? You can feed them eggs and greens if chopped up fine at around 4-5 weeks.

Just the basic greens and meat and one has water pop what that from and is it okay. Tahnks

Also when can they go into the coop outside. They is no other chickens out there

How would I know if they are fully feathered and what does it mean when they have watery pop.

How would I know if they are fully feathered and what does it mean when they have watery pop.

When they loose their baby fuzz and the fuzz is replaced with feathers. When all the fuzz is gone and feathers replace it they are fully feathered. Young chicks when their system is just starting up sometimes have watery stool. You might want to provide some beneficial bacteria ( probotics )into their water to give their system a good start. Mine had watery stool as well after I started the probotic within that week their stool firmed up and looks nice. I use probios for poultry. I only use about a half teaspoon PER WATERER. That has always worked well for me and my flock. Probotics can benefit adult hens as well but I think it greatly benefits the young chicks when their systems are just starting out. Also if they can get the beneficial bacteria to colonize in the gut they can actually fight against bad bacteria that may enter their little systems.it just really gives them a good start. Hope this helps. Best wishes to you and your flock :)

Can I put baking soda in there bedding when they are still chick. What will happen if they eat it (iam trying to cut down on the smell). Thanks

Back
Top Bottom