Buff Orpington eggs..day 28 no pips..any advice?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by NYRIR, Oct 2, 2011.

1. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    I set the eggs 28 days ago at 7 30 pm. The temp has fluctuated a few times between 1-2 degrees up and down.Humidity is at 75 % and before lockdown it was running around 55-65 %. I heard a peep 2 days ago from one that pipped internally too early( I know because it was when I was locking down and I candled). I have not heard or seen any movement since then.How long should I wait after today before candling? I'm using an LG....I have had some good hatches with chickens and last time I had 3 ducklings hatch but it was a low hatch rate.
    Thanks

2. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    I would give them at least 2 more days.

3. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Ok...I was thinking the same. I'm just disheartened....to wait so long,checking,turning....I just have a feeling they are dead. I'm hoping they are "late" bloomers [​IMG]

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:[​IMG] for you!

5. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:[​IMG] for you!

Thanks [​IMG] I'm not giving up all hope yet....but by tonight I'm hoping for a pip. I bought 4 BO's this year...and all 4 are boys...so the woman I bought them off felt bad and gave me some hatching eggs.They were 10 days old to start with but out of 8, 4 made it to lockdown. I need at least one girl.

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

28 days for chicken Should had at 19 or 20 21 days.

7. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I'm sorry you ment ducks, my mistake ! [​IMG]

8. NYRIR

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    Quote:Ha ha....s'ok! I do belive they died though...I have a hard time hatching duck eggs....I'll wait until tonight and see if there is any movement...then I'm gonna try again with some mutt eggs for practice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by