Buff Orpington hatch and more Lester babies :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hinkjc, Jul 15, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Here is the result of setting buff orp eggs 'round here. lol Plus we got 9 more Lester babies to grow out and 4 Araucana chicks that are so adorable. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Awwwwww.....they are looking good!!... Go Lester!! Gotta love those Buffs... [​IMG]

3. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Love them Orp babies

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

What a bunch of sweeties! Hey, but they arent in your whirlpool tub! [​IMG]

5. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Way too much cuteness in that box, Jody! I bet you cant wait to grow out those Lester girls and get the next generation on its way. Can you imagine how egg-citing it will be to watch those hatch!?

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Look at that box of fuzzy love. So cute!

7. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Awwww, Jody, those are some beautiful orp babies there. And to think that everyone around me calls my place Orpingtonville. Can you imagine that? Can't wait to see more pics of those Lester babies as they grow out. Congrats on your program and best wishes to you and Charlie with it.

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

[​IMG]

9. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Quote:LOL...I know. Here's the story of that...we found a little stray kitten very emaciated and she has taken up residence in my master bathroom until I am sure she can stand her ground here. She is just so tiny, I had to give her some of her own space. My big cats would probably think she's a chew toy. lol Poor little thing.

Anyways, my orpies are selling 4 hatches ahead of me, so they are in a spare room in a box for the short time they're here. Then it's just the Lester babies and the Araucana left to entertain us.

Jody

10. hinkjc

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I thought I would thank everyone for their sweet comments in a separate post. Gosh.I write too much.

I am really thrilled with all of the Lester babies we have to grow out and sort through. One more small hatch of them to go and I am finished for this year with them. We're going to start culling cockerels and selecting our ladies soon. Lucas is looking great too and growing fast.

Yes Halo - the true excitement is yet to come...when we get to back cross and start seeing lavender babies. I will be looking like this.. [​IMG]

Oh..and I just checked over the araucana chicks..out of 4, 3 of them are double tufted. [​IMG] I am so happy with the number of double tufts we are seeing this year. That is always a challenge with this breed, so it's exciting too. Can't wait to see them grow out. The one white one has super thick ones that I'm sure will be gorgeous. [​IMG]

Jody

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by