1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Buff Orpington in need of new home, San Jose/San Francisco area

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by pilatik, Jun 21, 2017.

1. pilatik

pilatik Chirping

May 24, 2015
    I'm looking to rehome my 2 year old buff Orpington hen, Dolly.

The good: When she's not setting, she's friendly and great with kids. She's a great mama and amazing at hatching eggs. So far we've let her hatch two batches of eggs. Will mother the chicks until they're bigger than her (I took the last batch away when they were about 10 weeks).

The bad: Goes broody constantly. Yells when she's in the broody buster. Our neighbors are not impressed.

I would love to find her a home where she has a little more space or can hatch eggs once in a while. Will transport her, within reason, to the right place.

2. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: