Sep 2, 2021
My buff Orpington eggs are they normal?

Attachments

• F87D5ED1-6366-4810-A8B3-6E2F9C04BA67.jpeg
    F87D5ED1-6366-4810-A8B3-6E2F9C04BA67.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 60
My buff Orpington eggs are they normal?
Those look fabulous.

Certain chicken breeds are supposed top lay certain shades and colors. But unless the person selecting which chickens get to breed uses egg shell color as a deciding criteria they can wind up laying about any shade or color. I don't know where you got those Buff Orpington but very few people actually use egg shell color as a top criteria. What you are seeing is very normal.

To be a pure Buff Orpington they should lay a light brown egg, but the reality is that a lot don't. Those eggs do not meet the breed requirement for color but here is nothing wrong or unhealthy about them.

Those look fabulous.

Certain chicken breeds are supposed top lay certain shades and colors. But unless the person selecting which chickens get to breed uses egg shell color as a deciding criteria they can wind up laying about any shade or color. I don't know where you got those Buff Orpington but very few people actually use egg shell color as a top criteria. What you are seeing is very normal.

To be a pure Buff Orpington they should lay a light brown egg, but the reality is that a lot don't. Those eggs do not meet the breed requirement for color but here is nothing wrong or unhealthy about them.
I got her from pratts petts

Back
Top Bottom