Buff Orpington mix?

Evan27

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 27, 2013
Hello this is my hen roger , I named her before I found out she was a girl and the name just stuck haha. At first I thought she was a buff Orpington but her feathers are darker than an Orpington, I've heard from people she's a buff Orpington Rhode Island Red mix but I'm not sure

she looks like a buff orpington to me, I have 2 of them and one has darker feathers the other lighter, i think its just slight color variations in feather color. either that.. which i think is right, or she could be a golden sex link! they look similar!

I don't think it's a golden sexlink...I have one and it is way more reddish than that and has definite white tail and wing feathers. I had a BO also and she was more golden color and didn't have such dark head and neck feathers. I am completely stumped with this one. LOL I guess it could be a BO just with darker feathers.
hu.gif

I think she's just a really poor quality orp. My buff orp x RIR were WAY darker than that, much more of a vibrant orange color with black in their tails and some had black in the hackles.

Ok thanks. She's still a pullet hasn't even laid an egg yet, she used to have dark brown tail feathers but my rooster pulled them out and not all of them have grown back yet

Back
Top Bottom