Buff Orpington or EE??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WyoChickenMamma, Aug 18, 2011.

1. WyoChickenMamma

WyoChickenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have 3 BO hens and they are so much more fuller and squattier than these. These seem to have the right buff coloring, but seem sleeker and don't have such a pronounced rear end. What do you think? Or are they something different than a BO or EE?

2. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    They're BO's. Some birds take longer to fill out than others. [​IMG]

3. danielle82

danielle82 A Good Egg

Apr 27, 2009
    Tonasket Wa
    I would say BO, could be the difference in stock that account for differences.
    Why do you think they might be easter egger?

4. ThomsonCentennialFarm

ThomsonCentennialFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    Holliday, Missouri
    The legs looks like they have the greenish-greyish tint of an EE, but it could just be the light.

5. mama24

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    They look white to me. [​IMG]

6. WyoChickenMamma

WyoChickenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2011
    The legs are white. My only thought about if they were EE is because the gal that I bought them from seemed to think that they were. I guess she had a lot of them that she bought from a hatchery. I have two of these little buff girls and they are always with the two EE...that foursome never gets more than about 2 feet from each other...it is funny. I am trying to figure out what all of mine are so that I can make a nice little signature...no other reason. I am not going to breed any, I am not selling them and to be honest...I am being impatient and can't wait for them to start laying. heheheh

7. mama24

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    Hatchery quality can vary quite a bit. They are still young and WILL fill out some more, but will most likely never be as round and fluffy as a SQ breeder bird. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by