Buff orpington or isa brown

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by packmomma, Apr 7, 2009.

1. packmomma

packmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Argos, IN
    ok I asked this over in breed identification too.. I have tanishyyellow chicks and yellow chicks. Which is isa brown and which is buff orpingtons? They are a week old and getting feathers in on their wings. The tanishyyellow has buff colored feathers and the yellow ones have white! This is all too confusing. Another person said her brown/red chicken came from a yellow chick. How much do they change before they grow up and when will I know for sure??

2. kycklingmamma

kycklingmamma Chillin' With My Peeps

My buffs have been pale yellow to more of a golden yellow at that age. I have never had any Isa Browns so I wouldn't know the color of them.

Kycklingmamma

3. Bluemoon420

Bluemoon420 The Rooster Queen

Isa Brown will be a little darker and look like it has a stripe on back. I have both Isa's and Orps. Mine are a little older, but I'll take pics and post em for ya. brb [​IMG]

Bluemoon

ok, here's one of our Isa's Tina.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is one of our buff Orp's Penny.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are about a week or so older than yours. Hope that helps [​IMG]

Bluemoon

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  4. packmomma

packmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Argos, IN
    It helps a little..lol its so hard to tell because yours has so much more feathering. I have wing feathers and just now they are starting to get tail tips. I will post pictures tomorrow that are better and you all can give your opinions. I might just have to wait till they feather out a little more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by