Buff Orpington People - any serious breeders?

Golden Egg

Songster
8 Years
Oct 1, 2012
I love Buff Orpingtons for two reasons: they can be such excellent broodies, and they are so pretty. But I've read that breeding for looks has caused the usefulness of the Orpington to decline. They tend to not lay so many eggs as they used to. I've also heard that they have poor feed to meat conversion.
Is there anyone out there breeding Buff Orpingtons for utility? Meaning lots of big eggs, good feed to (tasty!) meat conversion ratio, vigor, and mothering ability.

I have a few of them, the hens are broody good mothers one of my male was over 13 lb. at one time.The young ones should start laying well this late fall. will have hatching eggs to sell soon. A BYC member at one time don't know if they still have them . The Greenfamilyfarm , thats where i got my from .The Hall family has some nice ones to you have to ask them about the laying etc. If you want some now they were in the buy sell area a few days ago.

Thanks! I will keep my eye open for you selling hatching eggs. I'm definitely interested!

Back
Top Bottom