Buff Orpington - picture heavy

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hinkjc, Sep 16, 2008.

1. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I was out taking some pics of my girls yesterday. Please don't mind their appearance. They would be very upset if they knew I shared their photos while they are in moult and looking rough at the end of their season. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do. [​IMG]

The first pic is Big Mama and Blondie having a discussion about the whole camera thingy..

[​IMG]

Here are a couple pullets still filling out:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some fluffy butt pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a pullet sporting a saddle because she became the roos favorite girl:

[​IMG]

Gretsy Gretchen likes to growl at us, but is nosey too:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cali Girl posing for her pics on her favorite rock by the dust hole:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jody

2. Solsken Farm

Solsken Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh Jody! Those little (I mean BIG!!!!) butts are adorable, and the pantaloons. Gosh. I am so excited to hatch out your eggies. They are on day 6. Will candle tomorrow. This was the shipment that had a bunch of BOs and araucanas beaten up by the PO.

I have 2 BOs from a hatchery. They are cute, but they look NOTHING like your stunning girls! Thanks for posting those gorgeous pictures.

Wish me luck!

ps (Now I might have to keep one roo.[​IMG] )

3. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Aw!! I like the pic of Cali Girl on her rock. [​IMG]

4. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Aww! Very nice looking birds!

5. tpflabs

tpflabs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Metamora, Illinois
    Oh man, next spring, I am getting me some of those eggs..
    They are Wonderful, thanks for sharing the pictures!!

6. Poultra

Poultra Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2008
    Oh, they're lovely ladies! Even if they are moulting. (sshhh - I won't tell them they had their photos taken) My two BO hatchery pullets don't look anything like them, either.

Thank you for posting such great pics!

7. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    How beautiful those girls are. You are the envy of buff orp people. The 12 that I hatched from you are growing out real nice and should look like yours next spring. I can't wait.

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    If anyone ever decided to publish a book on Orpingtons, yours will be the standard for what buffs should look like. They are gorgeous, each and everyone.

9. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Beauties, Jody! You should see our Nugget! She's no longer a little thing, but a big beautiful young lady.

10. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Awww, thanks everyone. You all are so sweet. These girls are my pride and joy and by far, my favorite flock here. Needless to say, the roosters were having no part of picture day, so I will have to get them next time.

Solsken - good luck with your hatch! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. [​IMG]

Yogiman - you are too kind. I can't wait to see my grandbabies all grown up. [​IMG]

halo - you're such a dear..thank you so much for your wonderful comment! [​IMG]

Cyn - I bet Nugget is filling in nicely and will do you proud. Is she as sweet as they should be? My girls are such sweeties and always make me smile. [​IMG]

Jody

Last edited: Sep 16, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by