Buff Orpington pullet has yellow legs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by jbkinor, Jun 29, 2007.

1. jbkinor

jbkinor In the Brooder

Jun 15, 2007
    Western Oregon
    My newest buff orp has yellow legs. Does this happen? She's about 10 (?) weeks old or so. The lady I got her from didn't remember how old she was.[​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I would say she is a Buff Rock then...I have Buff Orps and they have white or pinkish legs...

Tuff

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    jb.....i recently went through this with my BO as well. Except I ordered mine from MM Hatchery! I have 15 hens, and 2 roos...and of the 15 hens...2 have green legs, one has bright yellow legs. I called the hatchery, and she was surprised. They should have pinkish/whitish legs. No exceptions. ( unless they are mutts) Which the hatchery told me is "impossible" HA! Now I am wondering, what color eggs will they lay!?? LOL

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member 11 Years

Deb, I saw a picture once of a Buff Orp crossed with an EE; at least that's what everyone was saying. She did have green legs like yours. Dont recall what color egg she laid, though.

5. jbkinor

jbkinor In the Brooder

Jun 15, 2007
    Western Oregon
    Thank you everyone. As long as she's a she I'm okay with whatever she is. I looked up buff rocks and they look very similar to buff orps. Green legs huh? Interesting. That I'd like to see.

jb

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    [​IMG]

Its not a great pic...but you can see, they are green legged. I will try to get a better one, if it stops raining.

7. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    So Deb, did they offer to replace your lovely "mutts?" [​IMG]

8. jbkinor

jbkinor In the Brooder

Jun 15, 2007
    Western Oregon
    That chicken looks kind of pretty actually, justasnak. I will post some pics of my girls if I can ever figure out how to do it.

I have 1 six year old buff orp (Hannah), 1 six year old black australorp (Audrey), 1 sixteen week old buff orp (Liza Jane) and 1 ten? week old questionable buff orp/buff rock (Estee, named that because she was delivered to me in a red Estee Lauder box). I had 4 fourteen week old buff orps but 3 of them were roos so had to give them away.[​IMG] That's why I had to add the littlest one.

9. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Feb 28, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    MM Hatchery did give me a 12 dollar credit. Not much I can do with 12 dollars....but maybe next year, I might add a few more turkeys! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: