Buff Orpington, Rhode Island Red, New Hampshire Red or Freedom Rangers

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by ats0930, Feb 17, 2014.

1. ats0930

ats0930 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 8, 2013
    Hey BYC!
    I am in Greenville, NC. That is NORTH Carolina. I am looking for sources of most types of chickens, but mainly the four listed in the name of the post. I am really interested in Freedom Rangers as I don't have much experience with them (but would love to give them a try). I am looking for both egg layers and meat. I currently have some Buffs and they have tolerated the weather so well! From single digits with no supplemental heat to summer temps in the triple digits. My girls are great. I am looking for eggs or newly hatched. If you have some fertilized eggs, or can have some fertilized eggs or newborn chicks please let me know. I know of only one place in Greenville off of Hop Tyson Rd. that I will never go to due the condition he keeps those birds in. I need a quality place other than Tractor Supply! Please PM me or email me at [email protected] if I don't respond within a day or so because I dont check BYC every day. Thank you all!

2. brahmabreeder

brahmabreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    If you want freedom ranger than your best bet is a hatchery. For Buff Orpingtons go onto the Heritage Large Fowl Thread - Phase 2 and look for thedragonlady aka Vickie( although she only sells grown birds as far as I know ). She is a top buff breeder, so I'd go ahead and shoot her a PM and see what she says.

I think a few other people on there have the other two breeds, but I can't think of names right yet. Just go ahead and ask and see if anyone chimes in.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by