Notice I said 'improves' and not 'becomes beautiful'. 🤣

Buff laced is beautiful, though! 😍 Buff cuckoo depends a lot on how well the barring comes through for me. I've seen some hens that just look like Buff unless you look closely enough to see the faint barring.

28C9C88F-4EE0-4128-92EC-03B3BBB8E14D.png

See, she's pretty! 😍 What color of egg does she lay? She reminds me of a lot of those Legbar-based designer Easter-egger mixes that a lot of U.S. hatcheries are coming out with these days.
Just pale tan/pink. Her eggs are massive.
"small" egg is Large large store egg.

Attachments

• 0EA4304A-D73A-4F05-89A8-59C6F9E60B89.jpeg
    0EA4304A-D73A-4F05-89A8-59C6F9E60B89.jpeg
    497 KB · Views: 1
Oh, that's interesting! Well, she's beautiful regardless of what breed she might be! ❤️
Her personality is probably the best out of the standard chickens, she tolerates being held, but she acts more like a friend chicken than a let if you know what I mean.
If you're around, she always starts talking, and while they are out, she will leave the flock from time to time to check on you/look for handouts

I agree with this! I try to recommend great breeds with great eggs to friends. They say, "No, those won't work i want to look at pretty chickens"
And then they go buy a bunch of buff orps at TSC.
🤦🏼‍♀️
I will not ever understand the hype.

Her personality is probably the best out of the standard chickens, she tolerates being held, but she acts more like a friend chicken than a let if you know what I mean.
If you're around, she always starts talking, and while they are out, she will leave the flock from time to time to check on you/look for handouts

I love chickens like this! :love

I agree with this! I try to recommend great breeds with great eggs to friends. They say, "No, those won't work i want to look at pretty chickens"
And then they go buy a bunch of buff orps at TSC.
🤦🏼‍♀️
I will not ever understand the hype.

Poor things, they must have complete achromatopsia. :(

Back
Top Bottom