1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Orpington, Supermodel

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Four Acre Bliss, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Four Acre Bliss

Four Acre Bliss Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2009
    Virginia
    Buff Orpington (we just call her Buff) was a packing peanut in my February McMurray Hatchery order. It didn't take long for this "extra" chicken to become our very favorite. She is the one who comes when called, who lets us hold her and pet her, who is the first to try every new thing, who moves with the grace of a ballerina. She's gorgeous and what's more, she knows it -- check out her posing for my camera!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sticksoup

sticksoup Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Bradenton
    An absolute doll!

3. Nivrocco

Nivrocco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    S.W. VA
    What a sweet girl...and not a bit camera shy...[​IMG]

4. vortec

vortec Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2009
    Martin County, NC
    So you got a free hen too. I recieved 7 light brahma packing peanuts that I figured were all roos with my last order and am almost convinced looking at the combs of two of my birds, that I have hens. Thats great if I did, and the buff orp is a great chicken as you have observed. I had to pay for mine though, lol

vortec

5. vnploveschickens

vnploveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, what a cutie pie! I've got 3 buffs that are about 13 weeks old now. They are also the first to try everything! They are a blast, aren't they!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Oh sure, you're girl's a freakin' ballerina! My Buff Orps were all rambunctious, trouble-making hooligans (hence my screenname).

7. Dogwood Farm

Dogwood Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    She is one gorgeous lady. You guys are not making it easy for me. My Buff Os arent' coming till June. [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  8. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    LOL she is a ham. I love my buffs. They're just the sweetest girls.

9. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    she's darling!

I have one BO and one BR...and the BR is always first to investigate, but once deemed safe, the BO jumps right in and takes over....they are pretty cool...I'm hooked! [​IMG]

10. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I have three Buff Op hens coming in June and I hope they are more like yours than Buff Hooligan's!!! LOL..

She seems to know the camera is on and she is hammin' it up!!! Dixie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by