1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Orpington Thread!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ThePRfan, Nov 26, 2014.

1. ThePRfan

ThePRfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2014
    Hello BYC members!
    Here is thread for the BO owners and interesters.This is for anyone,and everyone.Here we can discuss,post pictures,and talk about the breeds characteristic etc.

I typically only have 1 BO i like (Little harsh)but the other is just very mean,and scared of me.

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    I love buff orps!! They are my favorite breed!! I have three. Daisy, Gracie and Sunny.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. ThePRfan

Sep 27, 2014
    Wow! Beautiful! Buffy is very big,buta ctually pretty short.I thought the breed was very tall and chubby,but gues I was wrong.

4. cglessner

cglessner Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2014
    Burnt Cabins PA
    I have 3 BO's they are tall and heavy. I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow. They're my favorite breed. Their names are Dorothy, Rose and Blanche; the Golden Girls. I also have RIR, Dom, BR, EE, and golden Wyandotte.

5. ThePRfan

Sep 27, 2014
    i enjoy the breed.I am not sure on them if they are all bred to be bossy,but Mines are pretty mean.

6. Oscarsgravett

Oscarsgravett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    I love BO had them as i child. I haven't had any for years but i'm hopefully getting some hatching eggs next month to hatch!!! :D

7. ThePRfan

Sep 27, 2014
    Hurray!1 Could anybpdy tell me on howoften they lay.

8. thestix

thestix Out Of The Brooder

Sep 17, 2014
    I have 2 BO's and both are friendly and come when called. Right now it's below freezing but they still lay an egg per day.

9. Oscarsgravett

Oscarsgravett Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2014
    East Sussex , England
    They are meant to lay about 160-180 a year but some are capable of laying up to 200. And as thestix said some can be good winter layers . :)

10. ThePRfan

Sep 27, 2014
    Ok, I was wondering what you gus would think...I have a barnyard mixed rooster.Buff orp hena nd him mixed.What do you think the chick would look like?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by