Buff Orpington / WC Black Polish cross? =O

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Slike, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Slike

Slike Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Puna, Big Island, HI
    I'm sure this sounds crazy, but ever since I got these two I've wanted to see how crazy their babies might look![​IMG] I love both their temperments, they are quite sweet. These two are inseparable and Robert (roo) doesn't have much interest in any of the other hens except Butters here. She's been laying consistantly since she was 6mo in October, so I'm pretty sure they are quite "stable" if you know what I mean, and quite certain they are fertile since she needs a saddle lately, poor thing. Anywho, before I put some in the bator I thought I'd ask. Has anyone got pics of a similar cross, or any idea what a combination of these two might look like?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    They are a buff Orpington and White-crested Black Polish. More pictures of both are up on My Page if you would like to see.[​IMG]

2. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

I bet they'd be awesome! I'm pretty sure a crested bred to a non crested gives a chick with a much smaller crest which I think is so cute, looks like a little hat. [​IMG]

Not sure what black over gold makes colorwise though. Should be interesing! [​IMG]

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Ella, that is so funny, I have a 4 month old wcbp who is crazy about my BO, but can't seem to stay on, then she chases him and pecks him a few times, a bit later, he's at it again. I guess he likes the older women. I have a little 4 month old Ameraucana who worships him, follows him around, and he can't be bothered. I wonder what the offspring will look like too. Probably real cute

5. Funny-we JUST HAD some chicks with the wcbp rooster and buff orpington hen-not a great pic, but cutest little guy! I'll post a better pic when momma lets us closer. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  6. Here's a better pic of the 2!

8. IzziesChickies

IzziesChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2015
    I don't have that exact cross... But I have a buff laced polish X buff orpington cross. This is what the baby grew up to look like:
    [​IMG]
    Her name is lemondrop and she is about 6 months old in that pic but now she's close to 9 months and is already laying. I think this cross is just adorable.

9. jordan293

jordan293 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2015
    Las cruces, nm
    I have her twin! She is also a buff laced polish and buff orpington cross
    [​IMG]

10. IzziesChickies

IzziesChickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2015
    That is so neat that we have the same cross!! My girl took more after her mother in shape and size (and broodyness[​IMG]). Your girl is a cutie[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by