Buff Orpington with Green Feet?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JackieK318, Jun 11, 2007.

1. JackieK318

JackieK318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    Do Buff Orpingtons usually have green feet? If not, then what does have green feet?!

2. MTchick

MTchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Western Montana
    Americanas and Easter Eggers normally have green legs and feet. I don't know about the Orpingtons.

-MTchick

3. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    I have five buff orps and they are now 8 1/2 weeks old. sorry, they have never had green feet. I also have americaunas and they do have green feet. hope that helps?

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Buff Orps have pinky white feet, so if yours have green, then they probably are crossbreeds somewhere along the line.

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Jackie......may I ask where you got your Buff Orps? I ordered mine from MM back in March. They are supposed to be "pure" BO. Well....of the 15 hens...one had bright yellow leggs, and 3 or 4 have greenish legs. So much for "pure"! I will be calling MM again later this week....after I get better pics of thier legs, in case they want proof. UGH! So much for 4 H hens!

6. JackieK318

JackieK318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    I got mine from a local breeder south of St. Louis. I don't mind the cross, but just was curious as I always see pinky legs on everyone else's buff orps. I figured she was a cross somewhere along the line...poor mut of a chicken. Speaking of chickens, off to care for the 'girls' one last time for the day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by