Buff Orpington x New Hampshire cross rooster?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by australorp_breeder, Jan 20, 2010.

1. australorp_breeder

australorp_breeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    California
    Someone had offered me a Buff Orpington x New Hampshire cross rooster. I was wondering if anyone could please show me a picture of what he'd look like? I tried googling and couldn't find any.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I don't have pics on this computer- but I had a few RIR x Buff Orps. They were a great crossing! Big & fluffy like Orps, but more of a ginger color. They were broody raised- but weren't as flighty as you'd think.

I'd think NHR crosses would be pretty similar. [​IMG]

3. australorp_breeder

australorp_breeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    California
    Thank you!

4. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I would think they would be a bit lighter than New Hampshires, I bred some one time that were from a Buff Orp X RIR cross, and those ended up looking like New Hampshires.

5. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I have 2 BO x Partridge Rock hens that look like a ginger colored BO.Big and fat with just a touch of penciling near the base of the tail.They lay much bigger eggs than both of their parent stock and that happens a good bit when you cross two pure breeds.They are hybrids and often lay better than the parent stock.That's why sexlinks are so good at laying.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    I guess it would be a bird with light and dark feathering.

I would love to see some pics!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by