1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Orpington?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by abbey21, Jan 22, 2016.

1. abbey21

abbey21 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 19, 2016
    Augusta, GA
    Hi! I am questioning whether my Buff Orpi is really an Orpi? I recieved the chicks when I recently bought a coop and was told I had 2 RIRs, 1 Cochin, and 1 BO. She is about 2 weeks old and her legs are getting greener everyday. (The pic below doesn't show quite how green they are, she isn't easy to get a picture of). Is she an Easter Egger or a BO with discolored legs? Or even something else?? Wouldn't mind either way! Just hoping she is a hen! [​IMG] Thanks!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Welcome from Middle Georgia! Glad you have joined us.

I can't identify the breed, but is definitely not a BO. Could be a mix?

Hopefully, someone else can give you an ID.

You should consider posting a thread under the new member forum to get a proper welcoming.

3. abbey21

Jan 19, 2016
    Augusta, GA
    Thanks so much! I just posted a thread under the new member forum! I'm thinking she must be a mix too. I was sure she was a BO too but now I'm interested to watch her grow!

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    It's definitely not a pure Buff Orpington which have white legs. The legs of your chick appear to have a greenish tint would would indicate its a mixed breed.

5. applebutter14

applebutter14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2014
    Iowa
    i cant wait to see how she looks all grown up! please keep posting pictures!!!!!

6. abbey21

Jan 19, 2016
    Augusta, GA
    Here she is at 7 weeks- she is such a sweetie! I'm guessing she is a BO mix since she looks like a BO but with spots across her neck and foot coloring is off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. junebuggena

junebuggena Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Buff Orpingtons have white skin, it's a dominant trait. She is more likely a buff Rock mix.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by