Buff Orpington?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by metcalfmk, Apr 17, 2009.

1. metcalfmk

metcalfmk Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    Ok, I am pretty sure this little one is a roo, but what breed? I am hoping BO. He is about 4-5 weeks old, I got him and one more just like him at the feed store, they were in a bin labeled black australorp [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you!!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Those are definitely not Black Australorps! lol! They do look like Buff Orps. to me. I'm not sure about it being a cockerel though. I'm seeing a bit of red/orange there, so there is a good possibility. [​IMG]

3. metcalfmk

metcalfmk Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    Great, thanks!!!!

4. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Cute BO chicks!! Sometimes the feed store will have multiple breeds in one tank but might not label all of them. Like our local store has labels for one breed on one side, and the other breed on the other side. So, if you don't know their set-up it is easy to miss exactly what is in which pen/tank etc. I love my BO's ... enjoy them!!! [​IMG]

5. jessieloveschicks

jessieloveschicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2009
    graham wa
    These are def B.O`s
    Mine looked IDENTICAL to these last week..lol
    My feed store has a habit of consolidating bins,a few of these left,a few of these,and toss them all in one,and there are 3 naked necks ina bin labeled barred rock..lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by