Buff Orpingtons anyone able to figure out the sex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mom2Cool, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Hi all, Ok here's a couple pics of my BO's I think one is a Roo & maybe there might be another. They're the 2 largest & a little bit darker. The 1 has his comb already sturning color & is pink like color right now. They're 4 weeks old now.

This is the group pic

[​IMG]

The one looking toward the camera with the pink comb I think might be the roo here he is close up

[​IMG]

now the one on the right I'm not sure about & I *think this is that same bird in another pic
    [​IMG]

Those 2 were the darker of the group & the guy with the pink comb is notably bigger. That 2nd one is the next larger one with a slightly larger comb than the rest but I just don't know.

I know that the others have their head kind of hidden but it's so hard to get a good pic of them & getting individual pics is almost impossible because I'm thinking I'm taking a pic of the same one over & over as they all mix in together. LOL Does anyone have any tips on how to keep them marked? I imagine after a while their personalities will help separate them but it's tough keeping them straight....

2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

ya i see 1 roo ,,, the one you pointed out [​IMG]

3. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    The one you pointed out is probably a rooster, but still early to tell for sure.

4. Mom2Cool

Mom2Cool Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    He's really very cute the one with pink & when it comes to his roo responsibilities he is as serious as a heart attack... making sure he's the one up front at whatever is coming in the cage or at them. LOL They are all too cute really & they LOVE the camera & to peck at the lens.... & the string handing down is just asking to be pecked at! I think these kids need some toys huh?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by