Buff Orpingtons at 50 days old

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jazzpurr, May 20, 2008.

1. jazzpurr

jazzpurr Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2007
    Even the Wizard of OZ likes Buff orpingtons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. talos321

talos321 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice looking chicks you have there. The one looking out the window might be thinking, "Peeping Tom, Peeping Tom!"

3. NurseNettie

NurseNettie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Northern Maine
    Oh they are beautiful! I'd love to get some of those some day!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    They are beautiful chickens and I absolutely LOVE the 2nd picture! [​IMG] That was cute!

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Very beautiful girls. I ordered a BO...I wanted Blue sooooo bad but they are hard to find at the hatcheries. Enjoy them.

6. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

Is that what happens after "the ugly stage?" Mine are getting real feathers now and kind of strange looking...yours are beauties!

7. Blooming chicks

Blooming chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Bucks County
    They look great. "Wizzard of Oz" comment is very funny.

8. MaryT

MaryT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2008
    Elkton
    They are so sweet aren't they, I have 19 of them at 11.5 weeks, I am so glad that we got them as our first chicks, My boys go out to them and the chicks want them to pick them up, if the boys just sit down and don't pick them up they jump up on thier laps to be pet....... they sure love attention!!!

9. GRAM49

GRAM49 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    You have no idea how much I enjoyed seeing your pics. I have 10 week old chicks that I thought were Leghorns (long story as to why). I soon realized they were not white Leghorns, maybe buff Leghorns? Anyway, your pic could be a picture of mine - identical! If I didn't know better I would have thought you were in my chicken coop. I know little about them, but hope they are good girls. Are they good layers? I have nine babies of three different varieties ordered, thank goodness none are Buff Orpingtons. Thanks again for setting me straight on my girls.
    Gram49:)

10. Nugget

Nugget Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2007
    I've been trying to get a couple of BOs since I started with chickens last summer, and I finally got 3 a month ago (they seem to be high in demand). They were straight run, but so far they aren't showing any boyness! Their personality is quite different from the feisty wyandottes, and I love them to bits (not that I don't enjoy my wyandottes too). Such sweet and pretty birds [​IMG]

great pix!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by