1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Orpingtons!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Hybridchucks, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Overrun With Chickens

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    I have a question, how many eggs does a Buff orp lay a week/year? [​IMG]
    Thanks for any replies! xx

2. rebrascora

rebrascora Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2014
    Consett Co.Durham. UK
    Hi

As with all animals, each is an individual and any replies to your question will only give you an idea of what you might expect. Buff Orps can go broody, so a yearly figure can vary enormously if you get a broody one, because she will be out of production for months raising chicks and then you can expect to lose a couple of months production after their first year for moult, so annual figures just don't make any sense in my opinion. I would say 5-6 eggs a week is not an unreasonable expectation when they are in lay.

Do you have some buffs or are you thinking of getting some?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  3. Hybridchucks

Hybridchucks Overrun With Chickens

Jul 13, 2016
    Kicking Pokes!
    My Coop
    I agree "As with all animals, each is an individual and any replies to your question will only give you an idea of what you might expect."

I would love to get buffs but I can't really, they are such content looking birds, aren't they? 5 to 6 is reasonably good isn't it! They are good mammas!!
    Thanks for posting! xx
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by