Buff Orpingtons!

Hybridchucks

Queen Of The Coop
7 Years
Jul 13, 2016
Burdsville
My Coop
My Coop
Hey y'all I would love to know as much as I need to know about orps!
Here are my main questions!

1. How many in average do buff orps lay a year?
2. Are they really GOOD moms?
3. Do they make good pets?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated! xxx
pop.gif
caf.gif

pop.gif
caf.gif

#1 It can depend on the strain, but probably around 175-200 a year.

#2 The only Buff I've ever had sit was a terrible Mom. That being said I can't judge the entire breed based on one hens bad performance. I'm sure there are plenty of buffs out their that are great Moms.

#3 Yes, they are known for being very friendly and docile.

If you want duel purpose birds I suggest you get english Orpingtons from a breeder, as they are probably 50 percent bigger then the hatchery orpingtons.
You could also check out the review section and see what others that have the breed think.
big_smile.png

I think you'll be happy with Orpingtons, they are a good breed!

pop.gif
caf.gif
Probably around 200 eggs +/- per year, just according to if she goes broody, if you break the broody or allow her to set. I feel they are good broody hens and good mothers, but some of that is according to what/how you are set-up.

Pets---I can not help on that----I never pet my food!! Naw----I never slaughter mine but I do not Bond with them because at 2 to 2 1/2 yrs old they are sold.

#1 It can depend on the strain, but probably around 175-200 a year.

#2 The only Buff I've ever had sit was a terrible Mom. That being said I can't judge the entire breed based on one hens bad performance. I'm sure there are plenty of buffs out their that are great Moms.

#3 Yes, they are known for being very friendly and docile.

If you want duel purpose birds I suggest you get english Orpingtons from a breeder, as they are probably 50 percent bigger then the hatchery orpingtons.
You could also check out the review section and see what others that have the breed think.
big_smile.png

I think you'll be happy with Orpingtons, they are a good breed!

Thanks for replying!!! Do "english orps" lay more than "normal" orps!? thanks again

Probably around 200 eggs +/- per year, just according to if she goes broody, if you break the broody or allow her to set. I feel they are good broody hens and good mothers, but some of that is according to what/how you are set-up.

Pets---I can not help on that----I never pet my food!! Naw----I never slaughter mine but I do not Bond with them because at 2 to 2 1/2 yrs old they are sold.
lol!
wink.png
Thanks for the info! xx

Back
Top Bottom