Buff Orpingtons

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ChickieBooBoo, Dec 9, 2009.

1. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I live near Winnipeg MB. and I was wondering if anybody around here have (or knew anybody who does) any Buff Orpingtons for sale. I am a huge fan of the breed but haven't been able to find any in my area. Also, do you know of any hatcheries in Canada that sell Buff Orpington chicks or adult birds? Please help!!!

2. DaKid

DaKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    Well not sure , but I did order some for murry mc. murry nice birds but not show quality just some nice birds for us backyard farmers LOL , they where very good looking bird as you can see for ur'self alone with some ri reds
    [​IMG]

alan

3. SoCalChick

SoCalChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Valley Center, CA
    Wish i could help! Life without Buff Orpingtons.......[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. Good luck I wish you well on your search. Ever thought of hatching your own eggs? Its so much fun! My first hatch were my buff orpingtions.

4. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks, those are some pretty nice birds Dakid, I'm not looking for show quality birds, just some nice ones to have around the farm and stuff. I've never kept them before, will you tell me some stuff about the breed? Thanks a bunch!

5. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I would hatch eggs, I do own an incubator but I haven't been able to find eggs anywhere either!

6. yoker

yoker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Did you check out the canadian breeders topic?
    I have Buff Orpingtons but I live in Alberta. So I would have to figure out how to ship eggs.

7. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Yeah, I'm not even sure how you would go about doing that. Where did you get them?

8. yoker

Jul 7, 2008
    from a breeder near here but he dosn't have them any more.

9. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    oh well, one question, are they cold hardy? I wouldn't want to get some new birds only to have them die over winter.

10. yoker

Jul 7, 2008
    so far mine have done okay.
    Better then my sussex. But I think it depends on your coop and the number of chickens you have.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by