1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff orpinton eggs

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by gavbarker, May 19, 2007.

1. gavbarker

gavbarker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    East yorkshire uk
    Hi i have 2 of them pluss a cock i posted a pic a few weeks back i have just put some eggs in the incubator but also i got some from a friend in scotland to go in there too but they are much bigger than mine does this mean that my hens are too young to have fertile eggs i think they where born last october or is it just the way the egga are thanx for any help.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  2. gavbarker

gavbarker Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    East yorkshire uk
    please let me know by tomorow as im going on holiday so want to know as my dad is doing my eggs this time.

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I noticed you didn't get an answer yet, so hopefully this will help. Pullet eggs are generally smaller than hen eggs, so that is probably why. After their first molt, the eggs get bigger. Pullet eggs also don't seem to hatch as well, although they can still hatch so I wouldn't give up on them. It is good you put some of each in. Let us know how they do.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by