Buff Orps, Favs, Silkies! One poor baby....{sob}

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Solsken Farm, Sep 30, 2008.

1. We have Orps from Hinkjc in with Bantyman's Salmon Faverolles and Dipsy's silkie's. This has been a great hatch so far with development, bator conditions etc. We just got our first pip. It's an Orp. Big healthy crack. We've got 11 possible BOs, 5 Favs and 7 silkies. No idea how many sweethearts we'll end up with. This is always so much fun![​IMG] Our kids don't want to go to bed. I may let them stay up late tonight. Wish us luck! Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2008
  2. CONGRATS! I'll keep my [​IMG] for you!

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Hope you get lots of babies !!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Best of luck![​IMG]

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Crowing

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Good luck Jennifer! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jody

6. Your wishes helped! This was sweetheart #1, all chirpy when we awoke this morning.

[​IMG]

This baby was not the first to pip. We have 3 favs pipped, 2 silkies, and 4 more orps.

I DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE FOR WORK THIS AM.[​IMG]

So darling and pure.[​IMG]

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Crowing

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    OMG..that is too sweet! [​IMG] Congrats and good luck with the rest of the hatch. [​IMG]

Jody

8. Well so far we have 7 buff orps and 1 salmon fav out. They are precious, of course. Some of them are stepping on the pipped eggs, the little rascals.[​IMG] I can't open the bator yet, as they aren't dry and we are in the middle of massive pipdom. One baby pipped at the bottom. I moved it out of the carton. It pipped last night and is making very slow headway. The little rascals are pecking at the beak. I am seriously sitting on my dang hands.

One of the newly hatched contortionists
    [​IMG]

One of the cuprits [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The darling Fav
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  9. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Congratulations on your new little fuzzys!!! Great pictures!!! I hope to have some soon. [​IMG]

10. hinkjc

hinkjc Crowing

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Great job hatching! [​IMG] [​IMG] That little fav in the half shell is so adorable. [​IMG]

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: