buff orps have hatched!!!!updated pics 1/23/09

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ozark hen, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Dec. 31st. I set ten eggs from ugly duck, (she is in s.e. missouri, so not too far from me)in my incubator a day after I set a dozen of my own mixed breed eggs. I had three of my eggs hatch and low and behold I had five fluffy butts in the brooder by the middle of the night. Now I thought that was a great hatch but this morning I see three more pips! [​IMG] I sit here in shock. Could it possibly be that I will end up with 8 fluffy butts?????? [​IMG] I am so excited [​IMG]
    Now a week from today I have some b/b/s due to hatch from Miss Prissy. I am praying I get a good hatch but have my doubts due to the "wonderful" post office shipping service. The box arrived in perfect shape but inside were two eggs running all over the packing. she packed her eggs very well and I wouldn't hesitate to get more eggs from her but the postal people seem to have a ball shaking the tar of boxes marked "fragile" or "hatching eggs". But there are a lot of wonderful postal workers out there and we have some locally so I am not complaining about all of them at all.
    Here is a morning pic of my fluffy butts, plus the dark chicks are from my mixed eggs.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    Everyone knows that Buff Orpingtons are my favorite! Those pictures are very stressful. I swore not to hatch any until February. I guess that I can be glad for you, but there is this overwhelming desire to grab those chicks up and call them my precious!

3. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mine from Ugly Duck should hatch on the 27th!! I am getting anxious!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

CONGRATS
    Christina

4. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Oh, I know!! I took that same oath last fall, no hatchings until Feb. then I would contact someone IN FEB. to purchase eggs. [​IMG] I started seeing all these fluffy butts that folks were hatching and lost control! [​IMG]

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

[​IMG] I need babies!

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    How sweet! I love fluffy new chicks!

7. Indiana hens

Indiana hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2008
    Pendleton, Indiana
    I am getting out the incubator. Now see what you've done!!!!!

8. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    Quote:DO IT DO IT DO IT [​IMG]

9. Fresh Eggs

Fresh Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Dont tempt me!!! I have a bator only a few feet away!!! 26 babies need my attention next weekend, but I could hatch some... wait! Nope, walk away slowly and take deep breaths.

10. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Congratulations!!! [​IMG] New bluff butts are so exciting.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by