1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Polish and Turken- please guess*NEW PICTURES* And Breeds Added

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mom 2em All, Aug 9, 2008.

1. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    They are five and a half weeks old, so it may be too early to tell.
    However, based on my experience this summer- if they like me, they are roos. [​IMG]
    The Turken loves me, and always has since it hatched. It wants to be on me 24/7. The Polish was terrified of me until a few nights ago. It has now decided that sleeping on me is the best thing ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Edit: Here is another couple views of the Polish:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AND, these are five and a half weeks old also. Anyone know what breed they are/gender they are?(these are the same size or smaller than the Polish):

Chicken 1:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chicken 2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

note: I really dont see any speckles on this bird, that is the sunlight reflecting on its feathers.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2008
  2. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    i dont know about the polish, but the turken is a pullet, looks just like my two girls and mine are just a week older than yours

3. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Yay! Then she can stay here. Those black combs are not fair- the other turken is obviously roo, but he has a red comb.

This is him, and while he is such a baby: crybaby, that is. I can't have roos so he will be lookin for a new home (with a friend, because he cries nonstop unless he has a friend near by):

[​IMG]

Thanks!

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    The polish looks like a boy,,,,too bad,,,cute little bugger.

5. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Quote:aww [​IMG] I should have figured it. All summer, all the hatches- the coolest ones end up being roos.

That was the only one to hatch out of my batch of polish eggs too.

6. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    i thought the polish might be a pullet. my polish roo has a poof that's looser than that. i might wait a little bit....... but i'm no polish expert. sometimes it's so hard to tell for me.

7. Mom 2em All

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Well thats one vote for roo, one for pullet...guess that makes it 50/50. Any clue for the black one and the silver one?

8. lovemyflock

lovemyflock Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2008
    Maryland
    I think the polish could be a pullet. If you click the blog link in my signature, there are pics of my buff polish growing up. If you want to compare.

9. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    The polish is a PULLET. The males have a wider poof and it looks like a punk rocker style. The females always have a rounder poof.

10. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    the Polish is a pullet

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by