1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

buff rock or orpington?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kelsey, Jun 24, 2011.

1. kelsey

kelsey In the Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    i purchased what i thought to be buff orpingtons from tractor supply in april a have 8 all together. a few weeks ago i noticed that all but two have real dark yellow legs and the other two have light pink legs. i think that the two with lighter legs are buff orps? but i dont know much about how to tell the difference in between them. any help would be great. Thanks, i will post pictures later if that would help more.

2. noitulover

noitulover Songster

Apr 23, 2009
    Central Virginia
    yellow legs are buff rocks and white-ish/pink-ish legs are buff orps!

3. AUChick9202

AUChick9202 Chirping

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:x2

4. goldtopper

goldtopper Songster

Oct 15, 2010
    Near Bert Blyleven
    I would just like to say that Buff Orp's have the prettiest feet in the poultry world.
    [​IMG]

5. kelsey

kelsey In the Brooder

Apr 1, 2011
    thank yall. i like their feet too. they are very pretty birds. is there anyway to tell the difference when they are still chicks. so next timw i buy them i end up with orpingtons not rocks? or is there no difference when they are chicks?

6. andalusn

andalusn Songster

Sep 6, 2009
    Ridgefield, WA
    It looking like my mystery chick is a White Orp and she's just white all over and very cute [​IMG] and her legs/feet are just so white...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by