Buff Rock Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by I-Have-Happy-Hens, Jun 22, 2010.

1. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    I love buff rocks and would like to see some pic`s of everybodys.

2. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    My crew at 10 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    What kind of chickens are like the blue/gray ones?
    And what are the chickens names?

4. HenThymes

HenThymes pippin ain't easy

Feb 27, 2010
    Foothills of NC
    The blue/gray are Lavender Orpingtons. I did not name the buff rocks, three pullets and a cockerel. They left yesterday for their new home in OK.

5. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    I have two buff rock roosters, but I don't have any pictures of them. They are sweet boys and I'm considering changing my small flock over to the buff rocks. Right now most of my hens are black sex-links. I have two chicks that my broody mutt hen just hatched, and apparently one or both of the roos are now daddies, because the chicks are both buff color. Apparently there is a breeder in the area (Smithville TN?) who has buff rocks. One of the roos may have to go to freezer camp and he looks like he will be good eating. I'd like to have a good dual purpose flock with hens that will go broody and hatch chicks true to breed.

6. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    Quote:Howdy neighbor [​IMG]
    His birds came from McMurray We have several Buff Rocks but none will be for sale until Spring..sold too many this year [​IMG]...you can use the buff roo for sex link chicks as well.We got some real nice ones using ours this year when I got tired of the traditional rir crosses.Now,my hens have never tried to go broody they leave that for my leghorns-yeah I know but my white leghorns are lousy readers they just like to sit on eggs when they are not laying them. [​IMG]
    Like the siggy line but I live in middle TN and just minutes to everything anything you could want to eat,more motels than I want to count,shop till you drop then head to a movie theater with 10 choices several theaters to choose from or go to the Nascar races,golf coarses,State Parks within a half hour no matter which direction..if your desperate then 40 minutes to the Zoo of Nashville(no I didn't mean the Nashville Zoo [​IMG]) would love to move to a more quiet area but as builders we are stuck where there is building..or was

7. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Do Bff rocks develop fast or do I have a roo? My 3-4 weeks old buff , (sexed by mpc) has red area where his/her wattle will be already and a small comb that is not red at all but noticable already?

8. cochinman2005

cochinman2005 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Virginia
    2009 Male

[​IMG]

9. I-Have-Happy-Hens

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    Bump

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by