Buff Roo and my grandson

ridder

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 17, 2008
I just had to share..my 2 yr old grandson is having a difficult time talking, he started speach therapy 2 weeks ago because he hasn't yet to utter a real word. Yesterday while visiting our house my rooster started crowing and little Lucas stopped in his tracks and stared at the roo...then again he crowed, low and behold little Lucas bellered out the best 2 year old impression of a chicken crow and laughed so hard he had to sit down! Needless to say we were almost in the same condition.This went on for about 15 min. I think I will treasure that memory forever!!
big_smile.png
lau.gif

That is so great! Animals are often the very best therapy for people with lots of different issues.

My daughter has been in Speech Therapy for four years and she has always loved to crow like her rooster. I guess great minds think a like!!
lol.png
Give your grandson a
hugs.gif
, he sounds very special.
big_smile.png

My middle son did not really speak until he was four and now we can't get him to be quiet he is teen and knows it all.
big_smile.png
He just did not have much to say when he was that age too many around to say it for him. At least your grandson is not doing like my son did and go around catching the chickens under a bucket..... Crowing like a rooster....too bad you did not get a video to share that would have been really cute to watch

ALL three of my kids were late talkers. my last one had a cleft pallet and they said he was destined to years of speech therapy. He didnt start talking until after the surgery (he was 2.5 at the surgery.) and after a couple years of speech monitoring the people told us not to come back. that he had better diction than some of their employees.

they were all late talkers and came out with a pretty full vocabulary.

one is going on to get her PHD in nursing

another is so to be an aerospace engineer

a third scored so high on military apptitude testing that he will be trained to a nuclear phys if he wants it on the militaries dime.

I have always had animals around the kids. I am just now getting into chickens

That is for sure a great memory, last winter I took my grandson to a poultry auction..........he had been around chickens all summer and thru the winter. Anyway he did a soft crow after one of the roosters crowed that was in the auction. Everyone in the auction house(pretty small one) looked around for the "out of cage rooster" He remembers that night very well, he says yea Nana everyone was looking at me.

Back
Top Bottom