Buff Rooster for Trade -Northern PA

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by marko15, Feb 8, 2008.

1. marko15

marko15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2007
    Liberty, PA
    I have a Buff Orp Rooster that I hatched out last year, looking to trade for another Heavy Breed Rooster, Looking for Black Australorp, Barred Rock, , light Brahma , White Orp, or any other kind considered. I am not interested in any mean roosters. This rooster is not mean in fact he seems a little scared of me, and good with the lady Hens
    [​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Mark, that is a handsome boy there, but he doesn't look like a typical buff orp rooster. Are you sure on his breed?

Jody

3. marko15

Mar 19, 2007
    Liberty, PA
    His father was a buff orp, But I'm not sure if his mother was, I have buff orps, but also a couple of Red Sex link hens , so it is possible he might be a cross between a buff orp and red sex link,, Thanks for the question, I figured at first he might be a cross breed but then someone told me that buff orps usually have blackish tailfeathers so I just figured thats what he was,

4. marko15

Mar 19, 2007
    Liberty, PA
    He has 6 sisters in the ccop also, I'm not sure if there buff orps or cross breeds either but I do Know one thing there a bunch of Egg laying fools, my one friend that has buffs told me that these pullets would not lay til spring but they were laying the last week of dec.2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by