1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Seabrights

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by tnokie, Jan 17, 2007.

1. tnokie

tnokie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2007
    Has anyone gotten buff seabrights from ideal? Wondering if their stock is real small or large?

2. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I was under the impression that seabrights only came in silver laced or gold laced...gonna have to look at Ideal now...thanks...[​IMG]
    Dang...I saw Chamois Seabrights on Feathersite...droool.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  3. Ricochet Ranch

Ricochet Ranch Rest in Peace 1957-2007

Jan 11, 2007
    Yes, I have ordered Sebrights from Ideal. I bought Buffs, Silvers and Gold for pet quality. I ended up w/ 2 cockerals and 1 pullet Buff out of my small overall straight run order. They were fairly small for hatchery birds. The cockerals were light in color, the hen is now somewhat darker. The ABA doesn't recognize the Buff for their shows but I have seen them entered in for variety in breed.

I love them, such curious brave little birds they are. I also would order from Ideal again. I had very good service from them.
    Peace, Penny

4. tnokie

tnokie Out Of The Brooder

Jan 13, 2007
    I wonder if the chamois aren't really buffs!I really like the personalitys of the seabrights and am excited there is a new color.

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

The first bantam chicken that I ever held was Scrambles, a little Silver Seabright roo...He was cute and teeny. The lady at the New England Wildlife Center said that someone just dropped him off...so she was taking him around and showing him off and I knew more about the chicken than she did...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by