1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Buff Show Girls

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Celtic Hill, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Celtic Hill

Celtic Hill Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    does anyone have any buff showgirls, if you do could you please post a picture of them? Just want to see what they look like!

2. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    no one? they would be so perdy!

3. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    I know of only two people with buff showgirls. One is Bren, and the other is Sheryl Butler from WA. I've seen Sheryl's birds in person, and she has some nice buff showgirls. Same struggles you have with buff silkies though,... if you have clear color you either have white underdown, light skin, or both- good skin color and a nice deep even buff and you have smut in the tail or wings.

They are very nice looking birds though, but I love the white ones with the contrast of the white feathers on the black skin.

4. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Ultrasol- do you know of any other showgirl breeders? I Contacted Bren, but am looking for BBS or buff showgirls. I would like to start a Lav, or porcelain showgirl project. Wouldn't mind a splash or blue for my BBS pen either! [​IMG]

5. Celtic Hill

Mar 7, 2010
    Scotland CT
    I really want a silkie, but i have three pens of diffrent breeds going now, so i decided if i can find some buff showgirl eggs, i will have then and use them as breeders! lol

6. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Join the ASBC and contact Sheryl Butler. She doesn't have Lav, but she has buffs and some very nice white showgirls.

7. rilly10

rilly10 Clover Field Farm

May 18, 2010
    Pottstown, PA
    Thanks! I just joined the ASBC recently! I will look her up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by