1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Silkie Baby Sweetness

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by jimnjay, Nov 4, 2009.

1. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    There is just something about the Buff Silkie Babies that just grab my heartstings and squeez. These little ones were my Halloween Treat. I don't think there are any tricks in there except for the really light ones have turned out to be white. I need to find a different Buff Boy to stop that from happening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just love the little fat body of this one. I am calling it Sumo II

[​IMG]

2. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Soooooooooo cute I would be very intersted in seeing the parents Any pics?

3. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    My DD wants some buff babies BADLY, but so far we've got partridge hatching and the buffs don't make it [​IMG]

Have a new set of eggs in the bator from swheat, and are buffs. We're very much [​IMG] on this batch!!

4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    wegotchicken, I have 8 of Steve's eggs developing under two broodies. He send 8 and I have 8 developing plus 2 of my own as well. You should get some nice ones.

bantimania, the breeders are pictured on my website, www.knightschicks.com, thanks for the compliment

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:I saw your birds but missed it when you listed some eggs for auction. You do have beautiful buff's!
    So I went with Steve's. He does have pretty birds and did a great job with shipping!
    (which reminds me, I need to go leave feedback)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  6. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Very cute.

So would those white chicks be recessive whites?

7. suburbanchx

suburbanchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2009
    They are soooo cute![​IMG]

8. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    [​IMG]
    So cute!!!!!

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Buff silkies are adorable, we have one little one (about 6 weeks old or so) that I've taken to calling 'Tubs'. Every time I would go to check on them in the brooder, it seemed like this one was eating [​IMG] The eggs I had gotten were supposed to be all buffs, and the parents were, by looks. However, I had 5 hatch and 4 of them were white [​IMG] Will that make a difference when/if I use this one (Tubs) for breeding? Will it throw white chicks as well? I plan on putting the 'white buffs' in with my white silkies, so that hopefully won't be a problem [​IMG]

10. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    They're absolutely adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by