Buff Silkie Hen

destiny_56085

Crowing
11 Years
May 29, 2009
Sleepy Eye, MN
2 year old buff silkie hen. Wingband #5. Absolutely gorgeous bird for body type and is round as a bowling ball when you get your hands on her. Some of the best I've seen for wing placement. No hard feathering in cushion, huge crest (somewhat picked from being in breeder pen), good toe spacing, massive foot feathering, awesome comb shape, black skin which is very hard to get in buffs..... I don't consider her a show bird, but she is VERY usefull in the breeder pen. She is missing the toenails on 1st toes. She also has smutty coloration in wing primaries, cushion, and faint ticking in the hackles. She has been a very consistent layer and has produced several awesome clear buffs when paired with a lighter cock.

Shipping and a new Horizon box will be a set $65 with a new Horizon box. If you win more of my auctions, I can combine shipping. I accept Paypal, check, or MO. I will ship after payment is received and weather is permissible on both ends. I am NPIP #1058, MN Hatchery Permit #10504 and am tested for PT only. AI testing is not required here in MN. If your state requires additional testing or a CVI, then we can work something out. I don't vaccinate for Mareks, Coryza, etc. I do use Frontline & Ivermectin on my birds though. Birds will be bathed and beaks/nails clipped before shipping.

100_0796.jpg

100_0793.jpg

100_0784.jpg

100_0783.jpg

100_0781.jpg

100_0780.jpg

You know I liked these pair the first time round
smile.png
hope all is well? Everyone has settled in well and made new friends and I ADORE my lil white girl
smile.png

Awesome! Just staying busy here.... We are finally getting a few nice days and I've spent every spare hour outside lately. I snapped a couple pics of my buff pen. These are babies I've held back out of these older buff hens.

100_0898.jpg

100_0899.jpg

Back
Top Bottom