Buff silkie pair- SEE UPDATE BEFORE BIDDING!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CityGirlintheCountry, Mar 20, 2011.

1. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Buff silkie cockerel and hen. Hen is around 18 months old and came from Jack Ferguson. She is laying consistently. Cockerel is around 9 months old and hatched here from Ferguson stock. He has reached sexual maturity and is raring to go. Both are GORGEOUS!!

Birds can be shipped. Cost would then be cost of auction, plus shipping, plus the cost of the box and shipping materials($15). So far shipping costs seem to be around $50 or so. You can estimate your actual cost on the post office website. My zip is 37132.

I have gone through NPIP testing and am waiting on the paperwork to be returned. Birds will not ship until NPIP paperwork is here.

Payment through Paypal only. Payment must clear before the birds will ship.

Hen-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cockerel-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPDATE- Okay, since some of you are wanting certain combos, I am changing the deal for you. Since no one has bid yet, we should be okay. Please note that once this auction is over today I will be listing these birds elsewhere. If you want them, please bid now on BYC!!
    New deal- winner of this acution gets to pick which rooster they want. YOU MUST TAKE A ROOSTER IN THESE PAIRS!! I just don't care which rooster you take. This auction closes first and so will get to pick roosters first. The other auction will take the remaining rooster.
    PM me if this is confusing!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  2. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Do you have pics available of their feet---for toe spacing & feathering?
    Thanks

3. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    I'm the only one here so it's tricky getting those feet pictures by myself. Let me see what I can do. Stay tuned...

4. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    I completely understand.....I'm the "only one" too, and I've never been able to get a good toe/foot shot [​IMG]

5. kelar

kelar Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2010
    yacolt
    Hard to describe, but I hold them upside down against the top of my legs, with left hand holding and positioning the feet and camera in my right hand. Works pretty good for me [​IMG]

6. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    Oooo... that's a good idea. Let me go try holding them that way and see what we get.

7. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    [​IMG]

We were not amused. These aren't great, but you can kind of see.
    The cockerel-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The hen-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see the inside four toes. The outside fifth one is hidden in the feathering. Both of them have five toes on both feet though. Sorry for the dirty feet. It has rained like crazy here lately.

Let me know what else you would like to see and I'll give it a go. Thanks for the tip, Kelar! [​IMG]

8. sillyovrsilkies

sillyovrsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    Both pairs are so darn cute I can't decide which one to bid on! [​IMG]

9. CityGirlintheCountry

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    You could get both... [​IMG]

Just kidding. [​IMG]

This rooster is the more dominant of the two. He is showing some black, but the hen is not. She is the lighter of the two hens. Hopefully the two together should give you some good babies.
    The other rooster probably is the more correct rooster, especially in coloring. The hen in that lot is leaking black in her topknot, but she has the funnier personality. She is pretty mouthy and active. This hen is really mellow (possibly because she can't see with all those feathers!). This hen is pretty happy to sit in your lap and hang out.

In truth, both lots are pretty equal. I set this one a little lower in price because of the black in the rooster and because the hen in this lot is older by nine months.

10. sillyovrsilkies

sillyovrsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Bluegrass State
    Quote:If I did decide to get both...would they have to ship in separate boxes due to the cockerels fighting (which would mean double shipping charges)?? I'm still mulling over the drive to pickup, but that's still 5 hrs. roundtrip...not my idea of fun!! But I definitely want a pair...!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by