Buff Splash Silkie Pic included

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Julie in Al, Aug 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie in Al

Julie in Al Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    I am working on this color. This little chick is not quite 2 months yet and she is so cute. This is from a buff roo over a buff splash who's color still has a little blue in it. It is going to take me a few years to perfect this.
    [​IMG]

2. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    very cute! do you have some pics of the parents?

3. Julie in Al

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    Yes Aran, here is her Mother[​IMG]

Not the best pic of him but this is the Daddy

[​IMG]

4. drafthorse39

drafthorse39 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Omg i'm so jealous! my silkie is hideous [​IMG]

5. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    [​IMG] I love all of them!

6. Interesting color!
    I have a similar-colored Silkie chick from eggs I bought. It was a bit of a surprise because I was expecting blue / black / splash.

I've been meaning to get a pic and ask the seller what it might have come from --- guess a buff snuck in the pen (?), lol.

Lisa

7. Julie in Al

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    Dipsy, my hen was supposed to be splash also but I know they use splash to clear the black out of buffs and I guess she was a throw back from that gene. The person I got eggs from was so surprised too. She is very typey though and sweet so I have crossed her with a couple of different scenarios but this cross back to a buff was the best result so far.

8. aran

aran Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2007
    rochester ny
    that hen is beautiful for sure!

9. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    Julie,

Your hen looks alot like the one I had that died, also from a splash/buff mix to clear up the buff I think.
    [​IMG]

Here is a offspring that is probably from her (my hen I had) and a splash cockerel

[​IMG]

I have another one that is more like the mother, she is in the background of this pic....you can just see her lower body and see the buff marks in her....

[​IMG]

10. Julie in Al

Jan 18, 2007
    Dothan, Al
    Very similar Smokey, I have seen some very pretty buff splash here and there on line but I haven't heard anyone serious about getting this color started. I know it will take a few years but I am determined to keep working on it. I think they are really pretty when you get the gray out and just have the white and buff mix. Someone on here a few days back was showing a beautiful cockeral that was mostly buff with a little white and some black.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by